Kids First currently has 11 Directors on its board. Our Articles of Incorporation call for seven to twenty-one board members.
The foci of our board are, formally, policy-making and fundraising. However, the board does a great deal more in support of the agency. Very often it is a board member who just happens to drop by on a day when the staff is in need of encouragement, offering a touching story as a reminder of why we are here. It may be that we are “up against it” with finances and a board member drops by with donations that his or her company has raised for us that week. In other words, the board is the supporting arm of the agency. They provide ideas, encouragement, new perspectives, unique skill sets, and, very often, a simply refreshing sense of humor to lighten up the mix.
Following are the Members Now Serving Kids First
- President: Mrs. Louise Woodworth, Practice Manager with Coastal Pediatrics
- Vice President: Mrs. Barbara Rhoads, Camden County Building Inspector
- Treasurer: Mrs. Diana Gardner, Real Estate Broker with Long & Foster
- Secretary: Mrs. Kathlyn Romm, Director of Currituck County Social Services
- Mrs. Kelly Campbell, TowneBank of Currituck
- Mrs. Courtney Hull, Attorney with the Twiford Law Firm
- Mr. Brent McKecuen, Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Office
- Mrs. Joyce Pritchard, Pasquotank County Register of Deeds
- Aaron Walio, Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Lauren Funicelli, USCG
If you would like more information about serving on the Kids First Board of Directors, please contact Kids First Executive Director Rhonda Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our center at (252)338-5658.