- A Day at the Farm
- Celebrate! Kids First 2011
- Our third annual Celebrate! Kids First was a HUGE success, thanks to the hard work of our volunteers and the support of our generous sponsors. Kids First would like to thank CenturyLink, the Twiford Law Firm, Albemarle Allergy & Asthma, Attorney Frank Hiner, and Coastal Pediatrics for their sponsorship. Additional, a huge thank you to Pepsi Bottling, Albemarle Distributing, and Famous Franks for their contribitions. This event would simply not have been possible without the help and dedication of our volunteers. An ENOURMOUS thank-you to our Board of Directors, the Elizabeth City Junior Women's Club, the Pasquotank High School Honor Society, the Coast Guard Spouses' Club of Elizabeth City, the Coast Guard Aviation Technical Training School, the ECSU Hispanic Student Assocation, and the ECSU Colony of Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority. We appreciate your help so deeply, especially on such a windy and chilly day!
- Family Day at the Farm- Morris Farm Market- Sept. 2011
- For the second year, Morris Farm Market in Barco has generously hosted this fun-filled family event to benefit Kids First, Inc. This year, attendees enjoyed live animals, music, facepainting, pumpkin painting, games, and much more. Kids First would like to thank Morris Farm Market, the Camden County FFA, Currituck County Farm Bureau, "Cowboy Church," the Currituck County 4H club, the American Legion Auxiliary, and all of the volunteers who made this event possible and enjoyable despite the rainy weather. We can't wait until next year!
- Turkey Trot 2011
- Our first annual Kids First Turkey Trot 5K & "Gobble Wobble" Family Fun Mile was a HUGE success! We were lucky to have beautiful weather, and even luckier to have so many people come out to support this event. A giant thank-you to our event sponsors: Hall Honda of Elizabeth City, Banks Dentistry, the Currituck County Fraternal Order of Police, Douglas & Diana Gardner, Albemarle Health, and EGADS Screenprinting. We would also like to thank our many dedicated volunteers, including those from U.S. Coast Guard Base Elizabeth City and the National Honor Society. Thanks to DJ Kelly Nolan of Lone Wolf Productions for keeping us rocking, and to Le Bleu Water and Food Lion for keeping us well-nurtured! We can't wait until next year!